I really enjoy using my “paper digital” planner, Google Calendar is still where I house all of my appointments and even some of my record keeping. Here are my top six reasons I still use Google Calendar:
- It’s always with me – I am almost never without my phone. Thanks to Siri and other apps, I can quickly add upcoming appointments while I am on the go.
- Ability to share – It is great to be able to easily share appointments with friends and family when I need to. When I am able to share my calendar with others, I never have to be concerned that they forgot about our plans.
- Reminders – Thanks to reminders, I don’t have to keep my plans floating around in my head. My phone or computer will give me a gentle reminder that keeps me on track (even if I haven’t opened my calendar)!
- Easy to edit – You can’t get much easier than click and drag to update appointments to a new date!
- Automation – I have many IFTTT and Zapier automations set up with my Google Calendar so that I don’t even have to manually enter or write down all of the details of a plan or record.
- Search – I can easily search back several years to find out when something happened last. So much better than needing to manually look through past years’ calendars!
If you are interested in me covering any areas above further, please let me know in the comments below!